[BlueOnyx:13930] Converting from a single drive to RAID1

Neil Watson neil at waterend.net
Sun Oct 27 11:02:48 -05 2013

When I installed 5107R to replace a failing Raq(!) I could only find one SATA
drive for the machine so installed it with a single drive

Now I have obtained another drive I'd like to upgrade the single drive to a
mirrored pair.

However, I can't seem to find a simple guide on how to do it...

I don't want to have to have to do a raqbackup and restore because I've got
quite a bit of other stuff installed on the machine (like an up-to-date ClamAV
built from source which entailed building sendmail etc as well...) which isn't
a 5 minute job to reconstruct.

I'm hoping it is something that can be done with mdm* but am a little confused
by the logical drive's content...

Thanks in advance for your sage advice!

--
Neil