[BlueOnyx:13945] Re: ip alias dns setting

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue Oct 29 10:45:59 -05 2013

> I followed your suggestions. I removed the alias configurations in the

GUI.

> I checked with ipconfig to make sure they were gone.

> I then changed an ip address on an existing vsite to one of the new ip

> addresses.

> I checked ipconfig and it shows an eth0:0 with the added ip address, but

> the site is now un-accessible. Also, all email has stopped on the server

> and I'm getting a message in the maillog "ns sm-msp-queue

> [5455]:r9TEpCIj002248: to=root, delay=00:15:22, xdelay=00:00:00,

> mailer=relay, pri=390187, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dns=4.0.0,

> stat=Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1].

> I'm not sure what happened. The changes I made should not have caused

this

> unless the GUI is not doing what it is supposed to do?

> Thanks

> Tom

I found the email error problem. For some reason when I changed the Vsite

to another IP address and removed the alias from the GUI, in System

Settings - TCP/IP - Interface aliases, it removed the default gateway

setting for the server. As soon as I ran ./network_settings.sh from shell

and added back the missing default gateway, mail started flowing. So it

appears that, at times, the GUI does more than it should. I just don't

think those 2 changes would remove the gateway settings. But what do I

know:)

Tom