[BlueOnyx:13646] Re: Weird mysql config

Joachim Klein j.klein at ibusiness.at
Fri Sep 6 17:50:52 -05 2013

Maybe the hd will fail in the near Future?
I have had this scenary some times ago.
Not my.cnf but some files frok different Websites.
And 2 or 3 weeks later the hd failed.

Joachim

Von Samsung Mobile gesendet

Von: Gregg K <greggk1 at cox.net>
Datum: 06.09.2013 21:44 (GMT+01:00)
Betreff: [BlueOnyx:13645] Weird mysql config

Hello,
Woke up this morning with a mysql server that wouldn't start.
Looked into the logs and found out that the my.cnf was corrupted.
This is what showed up in my.cnf

[mysqld]
d{?v?=/vir/lib/mysql
sockez=^Svar-lgb/myssl/mxsql,sf?
usgr3mBsql^H#.D*sabfing symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted
security risks
symbolic-links=0

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

Easy enough fix. I edited the my.cnf with the correct settings and mysql
started normally.
Anyone else experience anything similar? Why or how would the my.cnf get
corrupted like that?
I checked on the rest of the server and everything else looks good.  Nothing
strange happened.

Gregg