[BlueOnyx:13662] Re: php mail problem (revisited)

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Sep 11 13:51:35 -05 2013

Hi Michael,

On 9/11/2013 1:36 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> This line is in his php.ini:
>> sendmail_path = /usr/sausalito/sbin/phpsendmail -t -i -f real at email.address
>>
>> And that should force all email out as from that real at email.address.
>> But it isn't, as seen from the logs.
>
> You probably have this covered already. But if the site has suPHP
> enabled, then this change needs to go into the separate php.ini that's
> found in the sites directory.

Yes, I failed to mention that, but we have tried that already (the
process also includes the "chattr -i" trick of course, so that the
php.ini file may be written to.)

> Other than that I agree with Chuck. It's probably a 5106R server and it
> got the recent sendmail.mc / sendmail.cf update to handle the SSL issues
> with webmailers.
>
> Please check the Advanced email server settings in the GUI and save the
> changes there so that they will be pushed out again. The update ought to
> have taken care of that, too. But that won't always work seamlessly.

<sigh>  I just did give that a try and still no joy.  It seems we have
an uncooperative server today.  I will send it to bed with no desert.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services