[BlueOnyx:13681] Re: Load balanced BO's

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Fri Sep 13 10:16:30 -05 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Richard Sidlin wrote:

> Question is, how many roughly could access the one site that is on this
> server at the same time? If we need to go beyond that, is there an easy way
> to set up a cluster?

A quick and dirty way to spread the load would be to mirror the site onto
a second box, using rsync to keep the two sets of content identical, then
just provide the IPs of both boxes in the DNS setup for the site.  The DNS
would hand out alternate IPs, so each box should see about half the
requests.  This could also spread the traffic as well as provide
redundancy over two links, if you have multiple feeds.

=^_^=  Tigerwolf