[BlueOnyx:15187] Re: Mail not being received on 5108R

Adam Lepp a at netqb.com
Mon Apr 14 13:42:23 -05 2014

Thanks Chuck - DNS looks normal and I've not changed anything.
If there are specific things to look for please let me know.

I have sent Michael login info -- help is greatly appreciated.

That could be a DNS issue. On the command line run "nslookup google.com"
and see how long it takes.

If it takes multiple seconds, check your /etc/resolve.conf. Could be
that the first nameserver listed there is not responding rapidly enough
and the check then carries on down the list of specified nameserver
until one replies back.

If you send me the login details offlist I can take a look.

Long amount of time to log into SSH indicates a probable DNS problem.  The
SSH server is attempting to do a reverse lookup, so it can log the
connection by IP and name.

That could also cause a problem with e-mail.  If SpamAssassin and the Milter
are using reverse lookup <=> forward name match as a SPAM check, mail
wouldn't get through when DNS isn't working right.

Check your DNS settings.  And check to insure the DNS you are using is
working right.

Chuck