[BlueOnyx:15190] Re: older software is throwing errors after MOD_PHP package - need quick fix

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Mon Apr 14 14:42:27 -05 2014

On 4/14/2014 2:17 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
>> In order to get Mcrypt I purchased the MOD_PHP package from solarspeed
>> today and the install appeared to go well.
>>
>> My problem is some of my older software is throwing errors (oscommerce,
>> gallery, some of my own php scripts)
>>
>> 1) I need a quick fix for this before the clients see that there stuff
>> is broken!!
> What kind of errors are you getting?

Errors like this

*(From Gallery software* - old)
*Warning*: Creating default object from empty value in
*/home/.sites/93/site73/web/gallery/Version.php* on line *25*
*Warning*: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for
now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
*/home/.sites/93/site73/web/gallery/Version.php* on line *32*
*Deprecated*: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in
*/home/.sites/93/site73/web/gallery/classes/Mail/htmlMimeMail.php* on
line *407*
*Deprecated*: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in
*/home/.sites/93/site73/web/gallery/classes/Mail/htmlMimeMail.php* on
line *423*
*Deprecated*: Assigning the return value of new by reference is
deprecated in
*/home/.sites/93/site73/web/gallery/classes/Mail/htmlMimeMail.php* on
line *434*

*(From a oscommerce site - old)*
*Deprecated*: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and
will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in
*/home/.sites/62/site118/web/includes/functions/database.php* on line *19*
*Deprecated*: Function eregi() is deprecated in
*/home/.sites/62/site118/web/includes/classes/language.php* on line *87*
*Deprecated*: Function eregi() is deprecated in
*/home/.sites/62/site118/web/includes/classes/language.php* on line *87*
*Deprecated*: Function eregi() is deprecated in
*/home/.sites/62/site118/web/includes/classes/language.php* on line *87*
*Deprecated*: Function eregi() is deprecated in
*/home/.sites/62/site118/web/includes/classes/language.php* on line *87*
*Deprecated*: Function eregi() is deprecated in
*/home/.sites/62/site118/web/includes/classes/language.php* on line *87*

*From my own stuff (non-programmer)*
Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for
now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
/home/.sites/93/site73/web/show_last_minute_openings_module.php on line 158

> Which PHP version are you using now

PHP Version 5.5.8

> and which one did you have before?

Whatever came stock on a 5108R install

> At the worst you can uninstall the PKG through the GUI and can go back
> to whatever PHP version you had previously.

Can't do that because I need the Mcrypt that came with the package.

I though I saw how one could use the stock version on php along with the
MOD_php version

Thanks

--Tim