[BlueOnyx:15289] Re: demo.blueonyx.it updated

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Apr 27 18:07:11 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

Ok, I added your suggested change for the custom stylesheet. All
relevant pages now have this addition in the header below all built in CSS:

<!-- Start: Stylesheet for custom modifications by server owner -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/.adm/styles/customer/customer.css" >
<!-- Stop: Stylesheet for custom modifications by server owner -->

I'll make sure that customer.css doesn't get updated by anything GUI
related.

> I also just noticed one other thing. You added a big logo to the login
> screen which looks nice but you added it in code instead of as a background
> element within the div in css. All the other logos throughout the template
> can be overridden in css except that one. If would be best to change it as
> well so it can be easily changed with css also.
>
> Of course I was just hacking around so there might be a better way to do it
> if I was looking at the source files. But you see my point.

Uuuh. Actually I just worked on that. All BlueOnyx related images have
been replaced with rebuilt versions (in the demo now as well). On theme
changes there is some trickery going on to replace the login logo and
the small CSS logo with versions whose color match the rest of the GUI.

So each of these two images is available in seven different color
variations. You get to see the one that matches your chosen primary GUI
color. Or the default one, which is blue'ish.

So if someone wanted to change the images for branding purposes, he'd
have to replace 14 images to make it look right.

As for replacing the IMG tag in the login page with CSS ... yeah,
generally I could do that. But then I'd have to fiddle with eight
different CSS files, the login controller and the login template. I'm
not sure if I want to do that. :-)

But thanks for the suggestion!