[BlueOnyx:15300] Re: Port 587 Not Listening

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 13:09:24 -05 2014

On 29 Apr 2014, at 17:03, Richard Sidlin <richard at sidlin.co.uk> wrote:

Just built a brand new 5108R. Everything appears fine apart from SMTPS. It
is ticked in the GUI and also the submission port but it does not respond
with a telnet request (port 25 does) and it is not listed using lsof -i.

/etc/init.d/sendmail restart

Does that make it appear? Could be after enabling submission port, the
sendmail service didn't restart properly.

Steve

No luck. I just get this when I try and telnet to it

[root at mjr ~]# telnet localhost 587

Trying 127.0.0.1...

telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

Think I have worked it out. I added the following line in sendmail.cf:

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E, M=a

Not sure why it wasn't there or if this is the right thing to do. Will it
get overwritten with Yum updates?

Rich