[BlueOnyx:15301] Re: Port 587 Not Listening

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 29 13:19:01 -05 2014

Hi Richard,

> Think I have worked it out. I added the following line in sendmail.cf:
>
> O DaemonPortOptions=Port=587, Name=MSA, M=E, M=a
>
> Not sure why it wasn't there or if this is the right thing to do. Will it
> get overwritten with Yum updates?

You sendmail.mc should have these lines in it:

[root at sol mail]# cat /etc/mail/sendmail.mc|grep DAEMON_OPTIONS
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtps, Name=TLSMTA, M=s')
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')dnl

That usually does the trick. sendmail.cf is occasionally rebuilt from
the sendmail.mc. Likewise, if you toggle Sendmail related features, the
change goes into sendmail.mc and the sendmail.cf is rebuilt.

Which sendmail.mc you have in /etc/mail/ depends on if you have the
AV-SPAM installed or not (which has it's own *.mc files).

A stock BlueOnyx has this sendmail.mc as template:

/usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/sendmail.mc

After installation of BlueOnyx it's copied to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.

So you might want to compare your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc with the one in
/usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/sendmail.mc:

diff /usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/sendmail.mc /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

There will be some differences due to GUI related changes like
enabling/disabling sendmail related changes.