[BlueOnyx:15322] Re: demo.blueonyx.it updated

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Apr 29 22:37:22 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

> If you need help with any of this stuff I could chip in. I can't do regular
> expressions but CSS is what I do daily.

That is indeed useful and I would appreciate your input on any CSS
related enhancements that should be done. Once we have a Beta out that
you can test, give it a whirl and let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Just the other day I did run into an issue in the Virtual Site
Management. The FQDN of the Vsite is shown as menu entry in the menu on
the lefthand side. If the name is longer than the menu width, it got
wrapped in a funny way, which didn't look pretty.

So I went at it the usual way: In PHP I checked the length of the FQDN
and if it was longer than X characters, I snipped off the rest. Stupid
idea, really. Because we're not using a proportional font and some
characters are simply wider than others. So while that solved the funny
line wraps in a semi-OK'ish way, it looked even odder.

Stupid me, of course. The proper method to fix it was in the CSS:

.side_links li a {
	[...]
	white-space: nowrap;
	overflow: hidden;