[BlueOnyx:15795] Re: 5208R Please contact BlueOnyx support to request a manual server IP-address resync.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Aug 18 18:32:19 -05 2014

Hi Chris,

> Having an issue with NewLinQ on a customer server where I can get the
> box logged into NewLinQ and see the available packages, but I'm unable
> to link.    Then after logging in, my login always seems to be
> forgotten.   Therefore I'm unable to install software.
>
> FWIW, I'm trying to load Roundcube onto a 5208R box.   I know the caveat
> about the plugins not having GUI pages yet, but since it's just webmail,
> I didn't figure that to be a problem, and I think that's not the trouble
> here.

There are a couple of things here, Chris:

We're in the process of releasing all the PKGs for 5207R and 5208R. At
this time around 90% of all PKGs available for 5107R/5108R are also
available for 5207R and 5208R.

This includes the NewLinQ PKG (without which you couldn't install any
shop-purchase), the "Webapp Installer" (needed to install all the Web
Apps such as RoundCube). Additionally pretty much all Webapps are ready.

NewLinQ will only show you PKGs as available for install if the PKGs are
designed for your type of BlueOnyx. So anything you see you should be
able to install and it'll work just fine with the new GUI and the old one.

BUT: There is indeed a problem with the RoundCube PKG. On 5208R it won't
install and will bitch that the PKG is "not designed for this platform".
Greg and I are currently looking into that. Expect a fix for that within
the next 24 hours or so.

The message "Please contact BlueOnyx support to request a manual server
IP-address resync." is something entirely different. When a new server
registers with NewLinQ, then NewLinQ will record the server serial
number and IP. You can change the serial. You can change the IP. No
biggy. NewLinQ will keep track of that. If both change ... then it
requires a manual sync, because there is the small chance that this
could be some shady business going on, like a cloned server. But it can
happen for various and very legitimate reasons, too. If you get that
message, just let us know and Greg will get you back in sync.