[BlueOnyx:16604] Re: Trouble with users ftp

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 2 18:14:03 -05 2014

Hi Ken,

> I posted something similar about a week ago.  Look for a .ftpaccess
> file in the user directory.  I think there is a bug in the software,
> it should only put that there if FTP is disabled for the user.

This behavior is entirely intentional.

Go to the site in question in the GUI. Go to "Services" & "FTP". There
you fine "Allow FTP for non-SiteAdmin".

If this is *not* ticked (which is the default), then only siteAdmin's
can FTP. All other users get access denied via the .ftpaccess files.

If the checkbox is ticked, everyone can FTP and the .ftpaccess files are
removed and won't get created.