[BlueOnyx:16635] Re: access phpMyAdmin

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Sun Dec 7 12:49:46 -05 2014

Hey Michael, I've meant to ask a couple questions about the phpMyAdmin
"WHAM" module in the Blue Onyx store.  I got it for the convenience of
installing from the GUI, but immediately got a complaint from a site admin
because it requires PHP 5.5.  So it won't run with the PHP that comes with
Blue Onyx.  This made me look a little stupid to the hosting customer.

My questions are:

1)  Is the recommended solution to also buy the PHP and MySQL upgrades?  I
host mostly legacy sites and am not eager to upgrade to PHP 5.5 and see if
it breaks any of the sites.

2)  What is the recommended way to keep the phpMyAdmin version updated on
virtual sites?  I thought the way it would work is that one copy would be
installed on the server with something like symlinks from the vsites, then
yum updates would automatically propagate to the vsites.  Or that the WHAM
installer would automatically update all the copies after a yum update.  But
I'm getting the impression neither of these happens.