[BlueOnyx:16735] Re: Strange Emails

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Dec 21 18:27:05 -05 2014

Hi Tom,

> The only thing that comes in is [!!SPAM]
> in the subject.

So there may be something in front of the server that does SPAM
checking. Maybe that's buggered and keeps sending you the "love letters"?

Just the other day I had Wolfram Alpha (the search engine) sending me
+100 newsletters due to buggering out at one stage or another and trying
to resend.

The other thing: If the mail comes in from a remote destination the
email must have some sort of headers. Even if it's just the header that
your mailserver adds. So if there are no headers at all, the mail might
be of local origin. In that case check with "mailq" to see what your
mailqueue says. Or delete everything from /var/spool/mqueue/ and
/var/spool/clientmqueue/ and restart Sendmail afterwards. Which
will/might result in loss of legitimate emails that haven't yet been
fully processed.