[BlueOnyx:14385] Re: Probkem with webmail at R5106 after update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 6 09:54:36 -05 2014

Hi Christoph,

> Comparing an not-yet-yummed 5106R with the above I see that
> /var/cache/admserv/adm_ssl_scache.dir is owned by apache.root while on
> the yummed box it is owned by admserv.root - changing owners doesn't
> help though.

I always hated Squirrelmail <sigh>. I think I need to kill it with fire. :-)

Yeah, I now see that this "fix" creates more problems than it solves.
Even if we get around the sslcache issue, it won't be the end of it.

Running Squirrelmail on AdmServ will have to be a thing of the past. Six
years ago it sounded like a good idea, but in reality it isn't.

So let's do this: I'll publish an updated set of RPMs for this and it'll
modify the "Webmail" link in the GUI. Instead of calling
http://<ip>:444/webmail or https://<ip>:81/webmail it'll redirect to
/webmail on the public webserver instead.

Any objections to that?