[BlueOnyx:14395] Re: BlueOnyx YUM updates: 5106R/5107R/5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 6 10:37:28 -05 2014

Hi Maurice,

> Where "root access" means all? So if a server administrator has
> the "Root Access" abilitie, it is like giving them all available
> abilities?

That's the beauty of the new ACL's: You can give a server administrator
as many or as little rights as you desire. That *may* include "root
access". But only if you choose to give him that particular ACL.

The only thing a "server administrator" may not do (even if you give him
full rights to everything) is to add/delete/modify other "server
administrator" accounts.

> I have one odd thing with these abilities. One server has "Show usage
> information" as an option, while an other one doesn't. Both
> servers are up2date 5108R. Is there a way to correct this?

Hmm. That's indeed a bit inconsistent. I just checked and some of my
boxes have it listed, others are missing it. Can't see a pattern for
that yet. Thanks for brining this to my attention. I'll look into it.