[BlueOnyx:14414] Re: error (0x800CCC80): 'None of the uthentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server'

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 6 13:07:45 -05 2014

Hi Tom,

> When I perform a report under Usage Information, I receive the following
> error:
> "Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllowed() on a non-object
> in /usr/sausalito/ui/web/base/sitestats/reportHandler.php on line 13"
> This happens with Network, WEB and Email

Yeah, I'll be looking at this today. Am still trying to figure out why
the cracklib() password check is not working on 5108R.

> Also no DNSBL Blacklisting Services were not working. I thought it might
> have been tied to the above error. But De-activating and Re-activating the
> Services in the GUI and they are functioning again.

Yes, some info was dumped from sendmail.mc and sendmail.cf during the
update. Such as RBLs and relay hosts. Saving that info in the GUI should
fix that.

> Lastly, I cannot send any emails from Outlook. I get an error:
>
> Task 'user at email.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the
> authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your
> server.'
> Until the update, the email sending was fine.

Never seen that one before. I did a quick Google search and came up with
this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/none-of-the-authentication-methods-supported-by/9e0e6cce-6260-4dec-9708-0a8d7cf411d7

The resolution seems to be this:

    Check the option in advanced settings for:
    "Log onto incoming mail server before sending mail"
    (make sure it is checked)

Or according to this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131211130635AACo9qF

	Change encryption from none to TLS
	change from outgoing port 25 to 587 (465 did not work for me)
	Incoming port was already set to 995

Now that OpenSSL is updated and TLSv1.2 is available for SMTP, POP3 and
IMAP, it could be that your Outlook negotiates with the server and sees
the new protocols. But according to your profile it's still configured
to use SSLv3 or at best TLSv1, which it had to use before the update as
it was the only protocol available.

When you change the encryption (and ports) it should get untangled.