[BlueOnyx:14669] Re: error (0x800CCC80): 'None of the uthentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server'

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Mon Feb 17 07:07:48 -05 2014

On 06/02/14 18:07, Michael Stauber wrote:

>> Lastly, I cannot send any emails from Outlook. I get an error:
>>
>> Task 'user at email.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the
>> authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your
>> server.'
>> Until the update, the email sending was fine.
>
> Never seen that one before. I did a quick Google search and came up with
> this:
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/none-of-the-authentication-methods-supported-by/9e0e6cce-6260-4dec-9708-0a8d7cf411d7
>
> Or according to this:
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131211130635AACo9qF
>
> Now that OpenSSL is updated and TLSv1.2 is available for SMTP, POP3 and
> IMAP, it could be that your Outlook negotiates with the server and sees
> the new protocols. But according to your profile it's still configured
> to use SSLv3 or at best TLSv1, which it had to use before the update as
> it was the only protocol available.
>
> When you change the encryption (and ports) it should get untangled.

Michael & Tom,

Did you get to the bottom of this please?

We upgraded the BO on one of our servers last night and now have two
separate customers that can't connect to POP3S giving the same error as
above.

Unlike above this is is affecting POP3

We did identify a cert issue that the BO update overwrote and have fixed
that again with...

cp /etc/admserv/certs/ca-certs /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/ca.pem
vi /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf
ssl_ca = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/ca.pem
service dovecot restart

But I can't for the life of me work out why it isn't working.

This is affecting an Outlook 2007 user on WinXP (I know) and an
Entourage user on Mac.

I have manually checked the customers mail settings and they are fine.
I can't get to the bottom of this.  The exact error we are getting is
"your server does not support the connection encryption type you have
specified" and error code 0x800CCC1A

Pls help

Thank you

Dan