[BlueOnyx:14426] Re: mirror list error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Feb 6 15:18:52 -05 2014

On 2/6/2014 2:05 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi RC,
>
>> OMG
>> I thought I was having a bad day
>
> Yeah, I also thought the day started bad, but it got progressively worse.

It's a long day, for sure.   Behind the scenes at a busy datacenter
where half the staff seems to have caught Norovirus.... always an adventure!

>> Hey if we can help in any way just let us know
>
> Thank you, much appreciated. But Chris is already hustlin' and we should
> have a replacement box up rather quickly.

Yes, we are imaging up a nice new box with some fresh drives (ah, love
that new hard drive smell) right now.   Should be back and better than
before shortly.

> In the meantime I took an axe to my remaining DNS server and the one
> half of updates.blueonyx.it that is still there.
>
> The YUM repository should be working again (thanks to short DNS TTL's),
> although it'll be struggling a bit and will be slower than usual.

Hopefully the new box won't take a very long time to get imaged up.
Then it will be speedy again.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services