[BlueOnyx:14469] Re: mirror list error

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Feb 7 09:02:16 -05 2014

On 2/7/2014 7:48 AM, David Thacker wrote:
>>> I think an Apache webserver would have started hand out smoke signals
>>> at
>>> that point. Yay, finalized it with another smoke-joke. :-)
>>
>> Certainly attests to the quality of the Virtbiz pipe
>
> You won't find a better smokeless pipe...
>
> dAvid tHacker

LOL.  Actually, this just got me to thinking.   Yesterday afternoon the
the BlueOnyx network was running around 80Mbps to the Internet for a
stretch.   That's about 60% more than the normally monitored traffic.

10 years ago (about the time we started moving to BlueQuartz and
retiring Cobalts IIRC) we moved facilities.  We moved out from a
datacenter served by fractional DS3.  We had become the largest tenant
in what was really meant to be a telco room, and if we hit 12Mbps that
would start causing problems.  We next went to a facility where we got a
100Mbps handoff and had to do our own routing.  3 years later we moved
into our own building served by multiple Gigabit connections.  Now we're
supporting 10GigE with our current router upgrades.

It's a different world these days, that's for sure!

#nostalgia

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services