[BlueOnyx:14509] CCED being slow

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 10:21:29 -05 2014

During the latest round of Yum updates I noticed two of my BX servers were
hanging during the updates.

After much investigation it turned out that the cced on these two servers
was running slowly and going defunct a bit often. When running yum update I
would hit a glue item and it would appear to hang there. If I ran a
cced.init restart it would then proceed BUT the cced.init restart would take
at least 3 or 4 full min each time while other servers would be much faster.

The servers in question are all 5108's and they are very powerful servers
with multi-xeon processors and 8GB of ram.

Is there a way to do a sort of "optimize" in cced like you would in MySQL?

Thanks,

M Aronoff Out