[BlueOnyx:14510] Re: CCED being slow

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Feb 8 11:08:03 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

> During the latest round of Yum updates I noticed two of my BX servers were
> hanging during the updates.
>
> Is there a way to do a sort of "optimize" in cced like you would in MySQL?

No, not really. It's in the nature of CCEd being a bit on the slower
side of things. The only optimization possible would be in the CCEd code
itself. Or in the updates, where I (wherever possible) switch from a
"cced.init restart" to a "cced.init rehash". The rehash doesn't run the
constructors and is therefore faster. But a lot of these updates require
the constructor to be run.

Greg and I are looking into overhauling CCEd entirely and giving it a
MySQL backend. But that's another long term project that won't carry
fruits in the near future.