[BlueOnyx:14621] Re: Apparent grub problems after last update round

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Thu Feb 13 13:36:22 -05 2014

Michael,

  Thanks, tried that but no luck.  Finally got the server back online
by booting 2.6.32-358.23.2.el6.i686 kernel (oldest I have on this box).
Only difference in the previous grub and the new is the addition
of the string "biosdevname=0" to the end of each kernel lineb
but even tried removing that with no luck either.

Every other kernel acts like it is booting but stops activity (disk)
right after you press enter (or b to boot from grub menu).

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net