[BlueOnyx:14628] Re: Curious YUM problem, similar to BlueOnyx:14471

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Feb 13 21:00:07 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this.

On 2/13/2014 5:44 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:

> There also seems to be another RPM duplicate issue on that box, with
> things such as base-alpine being installed in multiple versions.
>
> Try to run this script:
>
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/rpm-clean-duplicates.pl
>
> It detects double RPM entries (if there are any) and posts commands on
> the command line with which you can remedy that situation. By itself it
> won't make these changes, as the output needs to be reviewed manually
> for security reasons.

The first issue was the script didn't exist on the box, but I copied it
across from a known-good system and it ran just fine.   I've whittled it
down to this so far:

# /usr/sausalito/sbin/rpm-clean-duplicates.pl
#
### Detected 7 duplicate RPMs:
#
RPM gmp is listed with these version numbers:
4.3.1-7.el6_2.2
4.3.1-7.el6
RPM libblkid is listed with these version numbers:
2.17.2-12.14.el6
2.17.2-12.9.el6
RPM libselinux is listed with these version numbers:
2.0.94-5.2.el6
2.0.94-5.3.el6
RPM libuuid is listed with these version numbers:
2.17.2-12.14.el6
2.17.2-12.9.el6
RPM module-init-tools is listed with these version numbers:
3.9-21.el6_4
3.9-21.el6
RPM sed is listed with these version numbers:
4.2.1-10.el6
4.2.1-7.el6
RPM upstart is listed with these version numbers:
0.6.5-12.el6_4.1
0.6.5-12.el6
#
### Run the following commands (at your own risk!) to remove the newer
RPMs from the database:
#
rpm -e --justdb libselinux-2.0.94-5.3.el6
[root at vm363 ~]# rpm -e --justdb libselinux-2.0.94-5.3.el6
error: Failed dependencies:
         libselinux = 2.0.94-5.3.el6 is needed by (installed)
libselinux-utils-2.0.94-5.3.el6.x86_64

Do you have any advice for the libselinux issue?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services