[BlueOnyx:14696] Re: Active Monitor reporting eth0:0 is down

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 19 10:32:20 -05 2014

Hi DD,

> As per subject, AM is reporting that eth0:0 is down. No apparent effect on
> the server but I'd like to fix this in case something *does* happen.

It shouldn't report eth0:0, as it's just a virtual network device. The
GUI makes a distinction between "real" devices and "virtual" ones.

Could be that your eth0:0 has the wrong flag set.

Please do this:

/usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient

Inside the cceclient shell type this:

find Network device = "eth0:0"

It should report a single Object. The return result will look similar to
this:

104 OBJECT 34
201 OK

In that case the Object of interest is "34".

Do this:

get 34

(replace the "34" with the Object ID reported on your box)

Here is an example output:

102 DATA mac = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
102 DATA real = "0"
102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
102 DATA bootproto = "none"
102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.0"
102 DATA CLASS = "Network"
102 DATA netmask = "255.255.255.248"
102 DATA ipaddr = "192.168.250.39"
102 DATA refresh = ""
102 DATA device = "eth0:0"
102 DATA OID = "34"
102 DATA enabled = "1"
201 OK

What's of interest is this:

102 DATA real = "0"

That's how it should be for a "virtual" network interface such as
eth0:0. In your case it's probably set to "1" instead.

To fix it, do this:

set 34 real = "1"

Again replace "34" with the Object ID of the Object that was reported in
your case.

That should fix it.