[BlueOnyx:14698] Re: Max Apache Connections

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 19 10:50:05 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

> Checking on Google it seems that maybe that Apache is compiled with a max of
> 256.
>
> Is this something done in BO? And if so can it be fixed?

Please do this: Check your /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Search for "ServerLimit" without quotes. It should be listed in a
section similar to this:

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers 10
MaxSpareServers 25
ServerLimit      256
MaxClients 125
MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>

Change the "ServerLimit" value from 256 to 1024. Then you should be able
to use a higher "MaxClients" value than 256.

I set my ServerLimit and MaxClients both to 1024 for testing and
restarted Apache. It didn't complain. 1024 is the limit, though. That's
hard coded into the Apache 2.2 sources.