[BlueOnyx:14700] Re: Active Monitor reporting eth0:0 is down

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Feb 19 10:56:06 -05 2014

On 2/19/2014 5:09 AM, DD wrote:
> Good morning, Blues,
>
> As per subject, AM is reporting that eth0:0 is down. No apparent effect
> on the server but I’d like to fix this in case something **does** happen.
>
> Email reproduced  below and the Monitor light is showing red.  Any ideas?
>
> Dick Dolby
>
> --------------------
>
> Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server
> appliance.
>
> For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the Server
> Desktop.
>
> Summary of changes:
>
> * The network interface eth0:0 is down.

I've seen this on a few boxes.  When it happens, I've found that the
system's primary IP address is also configured as an alias (Server
Management > System Settings > TCP/IP.)   The duplicate can't start
because it's already in use.

Deleting the "extra" alias IP should solve the problem for you.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services