[BlueOnyx:14705] Re: FTP Problem after yum update

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Feb 19 13:50:17 -05 2014

On 2/19/2014 12:07 PM, Colin Jack wrote:
> This problem has been recently reported and I have verified that it exists.
>
> One of our servers has stopped allowing FTP access via web browser - used to work fine. Still okay via FTP client.
> The only thing that I can think of that has changed was the recent big yum update although we have other servers that have been updated and the FTP is working fine via web browser, so may have nothing to do with it.
>
> Server is BX 5106R
>
> Anybody any ideas? Used to work.

Hi Colin,

Are you sure it isn't the browser?   I know that some time ago the web
browsers used to have FTP client functionality, but some of that has
been removed from IE and FireFox (I'm aware of those, maybe others).

Generally speaking, the BlueOnyx server doesn't really care - in fact
isn't aware - of whether the connecting client is a web-browser,
command-line or commercial FTP client, so it's not making any decisions
on whether it should work or not.   If the server works with one client,
it'll work with all.   Which is why I recommend investigating if it
really might be a browser issue instead.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services