[BlueOnyx:14706] Re: FTP Problem after yum update

Eric Peabody admin at bnserve.com
Wed Feb 19 15:26:28 -05 2014

Colin,

You might check using both passive and active mode connections with the
ftp client, being sure to download a file with each. If both work then
Chris' suggestion sounds reasonable. You might also read about the debug
log here: http://www.proftpd.org/docs/modules/mod_core.html#DebugLevel.
Getting more detailed output can be a big help.

If only one mode works, then the debug log can help diagnose the
problem. For our servers, we use NAT behind a firewall so have to set
MasqueradeAddress for each virtual site. When an update replaces
/etc/proftpd.conf, we have put back the MasqueradeAddress stanzas or
passive mode won't work. Something like that might be the cause of your
problem.

I've also found using the FileZilla client with debug logging turned up
complements the server logs.

Finally, run a diff between the last two versions of /etc/proftpd.conf
and see what's changed.

Eric