[BlueOnyx:14730] Re: MAC Address question?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 21 19:24:42 -05 2014

Hi Jeffrey,

> I’d changed the 2 Drives in my Sun LX50 to another Machine and all was fine till I find I need
> to change the MAC ADDRESSES of the NIC’s in BlueOnyx..
> Where might I find the Place to Change these and get her back on line..

Actually there is a CCE constructor that reads the current MAC addresses
and updates them in CODB. So as far as BlueOnyx is concerned there is
nothing to do. Except maybe a "/sbin/service cced.init restart".

Other than that: The MAC dresses of each NIC are supposed to be unique.
They're usually hard coded into the cards. If you want to change the MAC
that a NIC reports, then that's an entirely different matter not really
related to BlueOnyx. It can be done under Linux with some trickery
involved, although that's usually a bit shady.