[BlueOnyx:14734] Re: MAC Address question?

Lew Berry LCBerry at lcbconsulting.net
Sat Feb 22 14:02:51 -05 2014

Jeffery
I think the problem may be more that the NIC in the new box is eth1 not eth0 but the system is trying to load on the eth0 from the old box. I had the same problem when a NIC had to be replaced. If you edit the file "70-persistent-net.rules" to remove the old eth0 card line and also remove the new eth1 line:
vi /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
Then you just need to reboot and the file will be updated with the new network card as eth0.

Lew Berry, MCSE, MCT, CSSA
LCB Consulting Inc.
Systems Engineer
450-106 State Road 13 N, #205
St Johns FL, 32259
LCBerry at LCBConsulting.net
(904) 482-1405
(904) 322-5049 fax
(904) 651-1046 cell

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.