[BlueOnyx:14748] Re: webmail (SquirrelMail) shows blank page SOLVED

Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Tue Feb 25 07:51:30 -05 2014

I've also been working on the SquirrelMail problems seen on the 5106R.  Some
of our users reported not being able to attach files.  It turned out to be
permissions in the /var/spool/squirrelmail directory and I fixed it with
this:

 cd /var/spool/
 chown -R admserv:admserv squirrelmail

This worked as SquirrelMail is now running under Admserv on our server.
Could someone kindly confirm this doesn't create any security issues.  The
path is not web browseable so I don't think it'll be  a problem.

Thanks, Richard