[BlueOnyx:14211] Re: NewLinQ username

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Fri Jan 3 21:21:12 -05 2014

Hi Chris.

On 4 Jan 2014, at 7:45 am, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet <cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com> wrote:

> On 1/3/2014 5:30 PM, Gerald Waugh wrote:
>> Interesting Chris
>> Most of the servers I manage have owners who are stressed at adding and
>> deleting users.
>> Selecting, purchasing, installing and configuring packages is beyond
>> their capabilities.
>
> Exactly.   And while NewLinq is something that those of us who do it
> fairly often have been able to become comfortable with, it's not exactly
> like loading up aps on their iphones...  In other words, it's relatively
> complicated.
>
>> I now have my NewLinQ username on several servers at different locations,
>> If I purchase packages and someone else o n one of those servers checks
>> NewLinQ they could have my packages.
>
> Yes.  I'm not a fan of that scenario, either.  At the moment, however, I
> don't think we have much of an alternative.

I had a further discussion with Michael... and we have a plan that will meet the needs for an installer. For circumstances like Chris / Gerald, we can do the following.

We will create a "BlueOnyx / NewlinQ Certified Installer" facility. This will allow a registered installer to purchase an app. After purchase, ownership of the items can be subjected to a one-time transfer of ownership to the owner of the server on which the package will be installed. This will effectively update the original store order/invoice details to reflect the new owner. There will still be the one-time task required on a client server to link one package with the end customer(s) newlinq credentials which can be done using the free bundle before any purchase... but thereafter, any packages can be purchased by an installer, and subsequently ownership transferred to the end client... and installed on a client server.

At the moment, this is all theoretical... but its a start. I'm going to start digging into some database structures to see how easily it can be made into a reality.

Greg.