[BlueOnyx:14911] Re: Squirrelmail broken again

lewisg lewisg at iglou.com
Wed Mar 12 13:56:06 -05 2014

Yep, it broke again (here) and the steps below fixed it for me.

 From Richard Morgan's posts "Re: webmail (SquirrelMail) shows blank
page SOLVED" 2/25/2014:

> We found that for whatever reason the updates did not "take" for
> Squirrelmail, so we used YUM to reinstall like this (watch out for wrap...
> should all be one line):
>
> yum reinstall squirrelmail base-squirrelmail-glue base-squirrelmail-capstone
> base-squirrelmail-ui
>
> Then restart CCE and the GUI:
> /etc/init.d/cced.init restart
> /etc/init.d/admserv restart
>
> Then restart Apache:
> /etc/init.d/httpd restart

That got Squirrelmail working on domain.com:444/webmail.

To make it work on domain.com/webmail I used another Richard Morgan
suggestion:

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> If you need a Webmail package badly, you really should check out the
> Roundcube option that is available in the BlueOnyx Store:
> http://shop.blueonyx.it/blueonyx/email/roundcubemail.html
>
> At about $25, that's affordable for ANYONE who professes to have the
> wherewithal to run a server.  And it's worlds better than Squirrelmail
> by any measure.   That would be my humble recommendation.

While Roundcube is a good option pay close attention to the required php
version. Apparently the Roundcube install in the online shop requires
php 5.3.x which is newer than on base 5106R installs.