[BlueOnyx:14921] Re: Squirrelmail broken again

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 18:38:51 -05 2014

Chris wrote:
> The only thing "missing" is an migration script that would
> automatically export the address book, signature and name settings from
all
> OpenWebmail accounts and run them into Roundcube.   But now I'm just
> getting pie-in-the-sky crazy.

It might now be as hard as you think.

Roundcube ships with a plugin that import settings from Squirrelmail but it
is not enabled by default. I use the package from Michael and Greg so what I
do is edit /home/webapps/roundcubemail/data/config/main.inc.php do enable
that plugin. Then when I enable the app for a site it has the setting
already in place.

So perhaps you could look at that plugin and adapt it to do the same for
Openwebmail users.

**Pro-Tip you can edit other stuff in there too like setting
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost'; so that users don't have to
enter their domain and have it only work for local accounts. I also enable
the plugin called 'new_user_dialog' so that users are prompted on first
login to edit their user settings instead of manually having to go look for
that. And other cool options too can bet changed too.