[BlueOnyx:16389] Re: Pootle-Patchday Issues III : ProFTPd fixed

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Mon Nov 3 12:43:04 -05 2014

On 03-11-14 17:16, Maurice de Laat wrote:

> With the openssl command I do get a connection, and shows me the cert,
> even when done from the outside world (my local pc).
>
> But trying to connect using filezilla from that same box to the same
> server, fails....???

Go figure:

With the previous proftpd version, in Filezilla, we had to make a
explicit ftp over tls connection to port 990. This is also what the help
@ GUI tells us to do.

But with the current version of proftpd, I can only make a secure
connection using *implicit* ftp over tls to port 990, despite what the
help of the gui tells us.

Can someone else be so kind to check what the behavior on their systems is?

Thanks
--
Maurice