[BlueOnyx:16385] Re: Pootle-Patchday Issues III : ProFTPd fixed

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Mon Nov 3 11:16:28 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

On 03-11-14 16:12, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Please try this. Both from the shell of the affected server as well as
> from a shell of another server:
>
> openssl s_client -connect <IP>:990
>
> That should establish a connection to port 990 on the specified IP and
> will show you the cert information of the exchange if it gets that far.

Ok, now I am really puzzled.

With the openssl command I do get a connection, and shows me the cert,
even when done from the outside world (my local pc).

But trying to connect using filezilla from that same box to the same
server, fails....???

I guess something is wrong with (my) filezilla and time to launch wireshark.

Thanks
--
Maurice