[BlueOnyx:16451] Re: Sendmail keeps getting started automaticallyeven after disabling the startup script?

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Wed Nov 12 01:41:19 -05 2014

> Michael, can I modify active monitor so that it starts MailScanner instead
> when it detects that sendmail is not running?

I ended up doing the following
mv /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail.bak
cp /etc/rc.d./init.d/MailScanner /etc/rc.d.init.d/sendmail

Then I had to edit the contents of sendmail startup script copied from
MailScanner to kill all existing sendmail processes before attempting to
start sending/MailScanner as the BlueOnyx system would automatically launch
the sendmail process on reboot prior to the startup script being executed.
Now once the startup script runs it kills the process started by the reboot
and then starts MailScanner and sendmail processes.