[BlueOnyx:16489] Re: 5208R - Adding mysql Database to a site

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 19 14:03:31 -05 2014

Hi Dirk, hi Chris,

> Yes, we have verified this behavior with our production systems.   The
> problem seems to be that the database user is created with incomplete
> permissions.   The user should have all permissions over the database
> that is created.

Ok, please help me out here. As I said earlier:

The MySQL-user is created with the privileges that are defined under
"Server Management" / "Network Services" / "MySQL-Settings".

Let's take a look at the demo to get a common ground on this:

http://demo.blueonyx.it:444/mysql/mysqlconfig
Login: 		admin
Password 	demo123.

(Password with a dot at the end)

So a MySQL user of a Vsite gets all data-privilegs except FILE and half
of the structure privileges. For me that then seems to work fine.

So in phpMyAdmin (if we login as a Vsite user) we can access that table
just fine in phpMyAdmin:

http://demo.blueonyx.it:444/phpmyadmin/site?group=site1

If you use that URL, the phpMyAdmin-login is done with the
MySQL-Username and MySQL-password of that Vsite's database-user. Which
was created with the "stock" privileges as shown in the first URL.

So ... I understand that you are having problems and I'm willing to do
whatever is necessary to fix this. But as you can see for yourself in
the demo: For me it just works the way it's supposed to work.

What am I missing?

Which privileges are *not* granted in your usage cases, but *need* to be
granted to make it work for you?