[BlueOnyx:16498] Re: 5208R - Adding mysql Database to a site

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at bpanet.de
Thu Nov 20 03:05:07 -05 2014

Michael,

ok my problem looks maybe a little bit different to Chris.
Let me try to explain it again.

I create a new vsite.
In the next step I go to services -> web and tick the checkbox for mysql.
I changed nothing else and safe.

What do we have now in mysql.

- A new mysql database: vsite_z4MDeUB_db
- A new mysql user: vsite_z4MDeUB

But if the user tries to connect the database it is not working:

mysql -h localhost -u vsite_z4MDeUB -paUGFY9Q vsite_z4MDeUB_db
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'vsite_z4MDeUB'@'localhost' to database 'vsite_z4MDeUB_db'

Why?
Let us have a look in the priviledges for database vsite_z4MDeUB_db

Benutzer Host	Typ	Rechte	GRANT	Aktion
root  127.0.0.1 global  ALL PRIVILEGES   Ja  Rechte ändern Rechte ändern
root  localhost global  ALL PRIVILEGES   Ja  Rechte ändern Rechte ändern
root  localhost.localdomain global  ALL PRIVILEGES   Ja  Rechte ändern Rechte ändern

What is missing?
vsite_z4MDeUB is missing :(

So I go to rights and add the new database with all privileges  (yes I also think like Chris that it should be possible that a user can have all privileges for his database) to the user.
mysqadmin reload

And now you see:

---
mysql -h localhost -u vsite_z4MDeUB -paUGFY9Q vsite_z4MDeUB_db
Your MySQL connection id is 160
Server version: 5.1.73 Source distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql>
---

It is working now.

So my issue is not insufficient rights. My problem is _no_ rights.

I have tested this for two different 520R installations and both are acting in the same way (db -> ok, user -> ok, rights -> false).

Michael you are welcome to have a look at one of this two servers if you want.

Best regards,
Dirk

Black Point Arts Internet Solutions GmbH - Hanauer Landstrasse 423a - 60314 Frankfurt