[BlueOnyx:16503] Re: 5208R - Adding mysql Database to a site

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Nov 20 10:33:10 -05 2014

Hi Dirk,

> Let us have a look in the priviledges for database vsite_z4MDeUB_db
>

> Benutzer Host	Typ	Rechte	GRANT	Aktion
> root  127.0.0.1 global  ALL PRIVILEGES   Ja  Rechte ändern Rechte ändern
> root  localhost global  ALL PRIVILEGES   Ja  Rechte ändern Rechte ändern
> root  localhost.localdomain global  ALL PRIVILEGES   Ja  Rechte ändern Rechte ändern
>
> What is missing?
> vsite_z4MDeUB is missing :(

Hmm ... I just tried the same on a 5208R with the default MySQL
privileges. I just added a MySQL database/user to it and then reviewed
the privileges of the newly created MySQL database:

Benutzer mit Zugriff auf "vsite_xmLJo9T_db":
Benutzer 	Host 	Typ 	Rechte 	GRANT 	Aktion
root 		127.0.0.1 	global 	ALL PRIVILEGES 	Ja
root 		localhost 	global 	ALL PRIVILEGES 	Ja
vsite_xmLJo9T 	localhost 	Platzhalter: vsite_xmLJo9T_db 	SELECT, INSERT,
UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES 	Nein

An then I tried to connect to MySQL via these login details from the shell:

[root at 5208r ]# mysql -u vsite_xmLJo9T -p6EYJOoW vsite_xmLJo9T_db
Your MySQL connection id is 59
Server version: 5.1.73 Source distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>

So yeah, *something* is not quite right there.

> Michael you are welcome to have a look at one of this two servers if you want.

Yes, please. Send me the login details for one of the boxes and I'll
take a look.

Best way to do so is to file a ticket via the GUI: "Software Updates" /
"Support" / "Support Request". Make sure to tick the checkbox for "Allow
Access". That will create a temporary admin account named "alter-admin"
with a secure (random) password. The login details for that and its SSH
key will then be included in the ticket automatically and the whole
submission of that happens via SSL. You can configure after which time
the account expires automatically and once it has reached the expiry
date it'll be removed.