[BlueOnyx:16544] Re: favicon.ico for admserv

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Sun Nov 23 05:41:49 -05 2014

On 11/23/2014 06:25 AM, George F. Nemeyer wrote:
> I'm not sure, but it may be the browser only asks once, then caches it and
> associates it with the site's base URL.  I noticed a Firefox that was
> running before I put the file in hasn't caught on that there's one there
> now (even with a page refresh), but there's no additional requests in the
> log either.  But any broswer that hasn't seen the site before picks up the
> icon on first visit the login page , then it is displayed for other pages
> as well.

I would like to add my experience, we use favicon.ico on most sites and
none of them has the respective calling tag in the html and it works
exactly like George describes its behaviour above. Things take ages to
reflect without the proper tag, but all browser I've seen will fetch and
refetch it after (quite) some time.

Cheers - Christoph