[BlueOnyx:16105] Re: New BO 5208R Install - Major Issue.

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Sat Oct 4 11:18:58 -05 2014

Hi Richard,

On 10/4/2014 9:27 AM, Richard Gutery wrote:
> I am getting the following error with a Brand New Install of BO.
> Absolutely nothing else installed. This error occurs right after the
> install from DVD and we login for the first time.
> Install from ISO burnt to DVD, logged into ip_address/login, completed
> all steps then blammo:
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ERROR START >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> A PHP Error was encountered
>
> Severity: Notice
>
> Message: Array to string conversion
>
> Filename: controllers/wizard.php
>
> Line Number: 1388
>
> Fatal error: ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]:
> Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in
> /usr/sausalito/ui/chorizo/ci/system/core/Exceptions.php on line 181
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ERROR END>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I suggest restarting admserv and trying again.  Or reboot.   I think
that will handle this.

> <<<< One other thing that is a bit of an annoyance >>>>
> When installing, we are selecting "No dmraid" option, yet the
> installation process creates a  RAID set. When checking the status of
> the Raid set (disk, members etc), the result is (essentially) no raid
> set defined.
> On disk 2 (the raid member) we had 2.6gb of data that is now gone.
> Fortunately we had a backup.
> These were brand new drives right out of the box. So there is no
> possibility of any previous raid set, and there is no hardware raid
> setup. This is not critical, but would be a nice to know why.

This may be chalked up to a misunderstanding in the way that "no dmraid"
works.  Selecting that doesn't tell the installer to skip creating a
RAID.   When you install BlueOnyx, if there are 2 disks, it will use
them in a mirrored RAID.   Period.

What no dmraid does is tell the installer that even if it does find RAID
metadata on the disks, go ahead and use them.   Otherwise, if you had
previously used disks that were RAIDed, the installer would say "whoops,
this one is already part of a RAID set and I should not use this disk."

HTH,

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services