[BlueOnyx:16152] Re: Existing database overwritten by GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Oct 12 08:49:13 -05 2014

Hi Chris,

> Does the new MySQL db creation (and removal) scheme also take effect
> with the API?

That is pretty good thinking, Chris. No, the new method doesn't conflict
with the API, as it is uses different triggers than the API to run the
database creation/deletion scripts.

Still: I'm going through the base-api module today to clean it up. I'll
also remove the old MySQL database handling routines and will replace it
with the new ones. That way I can cut around 200-250 lines of code from
the API to make it simpler. Additionally it will then make sure that the
naming scheme for MySQL users and databases will then be the same,
regardless if the Vsite was created via the API or the GUI.

On the WHMCS side of things no changes will be needed.