[BlueOnyx:16237] Re: syncEmailService run at startup

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 21 08:25:37 -05 2014

Hi Simone,

> /usr/sausalito/constructor/base/email/syncEmailService.pl
>
> this script is now run at boot time by cce (i think that before
> BlueOnyx-5208R-SL-6.5-20140824 was not run at boot)

This is always run on boot-time. It has been this way forever.

> This is a problem since i have to wait fo mysql and then run
> sendmail after that...

I think the problem you're having is something else: Do you have the
AV-SPAM v6 installed? If so: I made a small change to the PKG and
published it again shortly after release. Thinking: Why bump the version
number if nobody else apparently has it installed yet?

Apparently you already had it. So please do this: Uninstall the AV-SPAM
(leave Clam AV installed) and reinstall the AV-SPAM. The constructor it
has used to restart Sendmail on every reboot / CCEd restart, but now it
only does that if it is *really* needed and cannot be avoided.

This also had the side-effect that (after a reboot) when CCEd was
running the constructors, then MySQL wasn't ready yet, causing further
delays.