[BlueOnyx:16270] MySQL password not configured during initial install?

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Mon Oct 27 17:44:30 -05 2014

Just installed a fresh copy of the 5208R and during the wizard it asked me for a password for the MySQL database. I provided a password and then continued and upon completion when to the MySQL section and it said it was not able to connect to determine the status. I have seen this before so I logged into the box and issued mysql and was connected to the database without providing a username or password.

I then executed: set password = password(‘mypassword’);

and now I am able to connect using the password provided.

Jim