[BlueOnyx:16280] Web Server Aliases and IP Changes

Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 09:42:03 -05 2014

We had to change our main IP address of the server recently when changing
rack in the data centre; this all went OK with the help of the mass DNS and
IP scripts.

However, the Web Server Aliases were no longer recognised after the change.
This applied to both hostnames and complete domains, even though the server
was restarted.  For example:

Site name: www.domainone.com (this would work fine)

Aliases: domainone.com, domaintwo.com, www.domaintwo.com (none of these
would work).

It's fixed.  I removed the aliases from the field in the GUI, saved, pasted
them back in and saved again.  This was enough but had to be done for each
site (there's not many site on our server but it was still time consuming).

I'm just wondering, has anyone else seen this problem and is it possible
that the IP change scripts need a bit of a tweak.

Thanks, Richard