[BlueOnyx:16283] Re: SRV Record

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 11:20:46 -05 2014

Hi Richard,

>>_service._proto.name. TTL class SRV priority weight port target.
>>_autodiscover._tcp.xxx.com. 3600 IN SRV 100 1 443 autodiscover.xxx.it.
>>
>> Can't seem to get this to work. I have included the following in the
>> db.domain.tld.include file:

>Is this related to the secondary DNS import from the Windows box you asked
about earlier? Where you'd like to >convert the secondary into primaries?

It is sort of related. I want to move the few domains I have on MS DNS over
to the BO DNS. I only had them on the MS DNS in the first place as it was
relatively easy to add an SRV record.

I am resigned to adding them manually to the BO DNS, bit time consuming but
no problem, it's just that I cannot get the SRV record to work. I added the
two lines as above to the include file but it doesn't like it and I guess I
haven't got the syntax quite right. So, not to worry about converting from
slave to primary, just need the SRV to work. Thanks.

Rich