[BlueOnyx:16311] Re: 5106 Dovecot not working anymore on all servers

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 30 07:54:05 -05 2014

Hi Dirk,

> My suggestion for ftp
>
> cp /etc/proftpd.conf /etc/proftpds.conf
> vi /etc/proftpd.conf
>    -  TLSEngine on
>    +  TLSEngine off
> vi /etc/xinetd.d/proftpds
>    -  server_args             = -c /etc/proftpd.conf
>    +  server_args             = -c /etc/proftpds.conf
> /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

Now *that* is something I'd actually want to avoid. It works, sure. But
the GUI will have to take care of two separate proftpd.conf files.

I did some testing, a lot of reading in the docs and kinda came up
blank. I have no idea why the config that worked for Proftpd v1.3.4d no
longer works for 1.3.5.

However, if I try this ...

vi /etc/proftpd.conf
   -  TLSEngine on
   +  TLSEngine off
/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

... without modifying the Xinetd config files or duplicating the
proftpd.conf, then it still works. But only for the primary server IP
and not for any virtual hosts. :-/

All in all that's not how it should be according to the docs <sigh>.